Return to Compassionate Funeral Care Website

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Michael A. Casatelli





Michael A. Casatelli , age 74, passed away on Saturday, June 14th, 2014 surrounded by his loving family.

He was born on June 14th, 1940 in Brooklyn, New York the son of the late Albert Casatelli and Florence LaGrega Casatelli.

Michael is survived by his sons; Michael J. Casatelli and James Casatelli, daughters; Debbie McGinn and Colleen Lagreca (Johnny), brothers; Timothy Casatelli (Sandra) and Peter Casatelli (Mary), seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren and his many nieces and nephews.
 

He is preceded in death by his parents and son-in-law James F. McGinn. 

Michael was a proud United States Marine, serving from 1957 to 1960. 

Michael enjoyed riding his motorcycle and being part of the Leathernecks Motorcycle Club. He was also an avid powerlifter, in 2000 he won 1st Place in the U.S.P.F Sub-Masters/Masters Powerlifting Nationals.

A funeral service in memory of Michael will be held at 10 am on Tuesday, June 17th, 2014, at Compassionate Funeral Care, 402 Maple Ave (also Rte 9/Marion Ave), Saratoga Springs, New York.

Friends and family may call from 2pm – 4pm, and from 6pm – 9pm on Monday, June 16th, 2014 at Compassionate Funeral Care.

Interment will be held in the Gerald B.H. Soloman Saratoga National Cemetery at a later date.

1 comment:

  1. "Semper Fi" You will be greatly missed. May the Lord be with your family during this time of sorrow. Almighty Father , whose command is over all and whose love never fails, make me aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will. Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty in purpose and deed and helping me to live so that I can face my fellow Marines, my loved ones and Thee without shame or fear. Protect my family. Give me the will to do the work of a Marine and to accept my share of responsibilities with vigor and enthusiasm. Grant me the courage to be proficient in my daily performance. Keep me loyal and faithful to my superiors and to the duties my country and the Marine Corps have entrusted to me. Make me considerate of those committed to my leadership. Help me to wear my uniform with dignity, and let it remind me daily of the traditions which I must uphold. If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith; if I am tempted, make me strong to resist; if I should miss the mark, give me courage to try again. Guide me with the light of truth and grant me wisdom by which I may understand the answer to my prayer

    ReplyDelete